1. Personal information collection
Commerce Interact Ltd collects and holds all non-financial personal information you provide when:
- You contact us by email
- You submit an online enquiry via the site
- You subscribe to the site
- You submit a directory entry to the site
The personal information collected typically includes your name, job title, company name, postal address, email address, phone number, type of company.
Online registration, sponsorship, advertising and subscriber payments are made directly through Sagepage’s secure payment services and subscribers’ financial information (credit/debit card details) are not held by Commerce Interact Ltd after you have submitted your online subscription form.
When you visit this website, Commerce Interact Ltd collects information automatically about your visit. This information includes your IP address, domain name and browser used. The information obtained in this way will be used to track visitor behaviour to provide Commerce Interact with statistics and to assist in us marketing our products and services.
2. Use and disclosure of personal information
Commerce Interact Ltd only uses the information it collects about you lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and any other applicable regulations currently in force.
Commerce Interact Ltd does not pass your personal details (email, address, or telephone, cookie details, etc.) to any third parties for marketing purposes.
Commerce Interact Ltd will only pass your personal details to third parties who are engaged to process data for us. Commerce Interact Ltd ensures that its third part suppliers agree to high standards of privacy and data security.
Commerce Interact Ltd uses personal information collected for the purposes of:
- Providing a high quality of service
- Providing you with access to any subscribed content
- Conducting market research surveys
- Running competitions
- Providing you with information about products and services Commerce Interact offers (including updates and changes to its services)
- Building up market and marketing profiles, aiding strategic development and auditing usage of the site
- Contacting you in relation to a subscription, directory entry or order you have submitted if we need to discuss with you further. You may be contacted by post, telephone or email in relation to an order for a product or service
- Dealing with and responding to any queries you contact us about
As a result of subscribing to www.winetradeasia.com or submitting a directory entry your name and email address will be added to the emailing list for the Wine Trade Asia newsletter. You may unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time following the link on the bottom of any of the newsletters you receive.
In supplying Commerce Interact Ltd with your personal information, you agree that Commerce Interact Ltd can transfer your personal information (to the extent that it is still held on Commerce Interact Ltd’s database at the relevant time) to any third party who acquires all or part of Commerce Interact Ltd’s assets, stock and/or website services, including the www.winetradeasia.com site, whether by merger, acquisition, re-organisation or otherwise.
A cookie is an electronic tag which is stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive and helps Commerce Interact Ltd analyse web traffic to the site.
Commerce Interact uses a third party’s software to collect the data from cookies when you access www.winetradeasia.com. We analyse this data to track patterns of visitor behaviour to the site, to let us know when your browser is logged onto the website, to build up marketing profiles, to understand browsing patterns and to identify you if you subscribe online.
While our cookies, by necessity, contain some personal information, such as your name, email address, preferences and whether or not you are a customer of Wine Trade Asia, they do not contain or store information relating to your financial/credit card details. The information that is collected by the cookie will be used solely for tracking patterns of visitor behaviour to provide Commerce Interact with statistics and to identify groups of users to assist us in marketing our products and services.
4. Information posted on www.commerceinteract.com, www.worldsleadingwines and www.winetradeasia.com
5. Transfers of personal information overseas
Due to Commerce Interact Ltd using third party suppliers internationally the collection and processing of personal information involves the transmission of that information worldwide. Commerce Interact Ltd may also share the personal information it collects with members of its group which are located overseas. By contacting, subscribing to, or submitting a directory entry to www.winetradeasia.com and/or Commerce Interact Ltd you acknowledge and agree to our processing and transferring of the personal information we collect on you in this way.
6. Security and protection of personal information
To protect the privacy of users of www.winetradeasia.com Commerce Interact Ltd has put in place a combination of physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on-line.
Please note that transmission of data over the internet is not guaranteed to be completely secure. Third parties may be able to intercept or access your transmissions and/or private communications unlawfully. While Commerce Interact Ltd endeavours to ensure the privacy of the personal information you provide us we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
We recommend taking the following steps to help you protect your information:
- Always access transactional sites by typing the address into the browser
- Keep your computer up–to-date with anti-virus, firewall software and the latest patches
- Avoid using passwords or PINs (Personal Identification Numbers) that are relevant to your personal situation. Passwords with telephone numbers, postcode, your name, or the name of a close relative and dates of birth are simple for criminals to trace Create passwords with letters and numbers that cannot be easily attributable to you.
- Always memorise your password or PIN and do not write it down or store it on your computer. You are responsible for keeping this information confidential
- Change your password regularly and don’t use the same password for other services such as your video store
- Always log out from the Wine Trade Asia site when you have finished your browsing session
- Close your Internet browser after logging out at the end of each transactional session
Beware of any windows that ‘pop up’ during an transactional session and be very suspicious if it directs you to another website which then requests your identification or password
7. Third party websites
9. Changes to your personal details
If you wish to change your personal details as a subscriber on www.winetradeasia.com, please click on My Profile in the Login Section and then click on the Change Password or Update My Profile button, amend and submit the amendment.
If you wish to change your directory entry, please notify us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your written instructions and contact details.
If you no longer wish us to retain your personal information please notify us via email at email@example.com with your written instructions and contact details.
10. Contacting us
Tel: + 44 20 7193 4823
Mail: Managing Director, Commerce Interact Ltd, 14 Greville Street, 1.04, London EC1N 8SB, U.K.